- CAL FIRE Tools These tools are used to facilitate the processes of data editing and manipulation, and of creating standard fire incident mapping and other maps in a timely and consistent manner.
- 2010 Assessment Priority Landscapes (PL) Mapper shows interactive map overlays of the spatial analysis results of the 2010 California Forest and Range Assessment. Twenty-two Priority Landscapes can be viewed overlaying a map or satellite image of the state.
- The Forest Practice Watershed Mapper allows users to identify the status of a specific planning watershed in accordance with the Anadromous Salmonid Protection (ASP) Rules, which require that every timber operation contribute to salmonid habitat restoration.
- The California Fire Economics Simulator (CFES2) The California Fire Economics Simulator assesses alternative initial attack system configurations in terms of expected annual number of fires by size classes for areas of similar fuel, weather, topography and population density
- The Forest Vegetation Simulator (FVS)The Forest Vegetation Simulator calculates growth and harvest based on tree lists
- The Hardwood Rangeland Expert System (HRES)The Hardwood Rangeland Expert System produces a map of future oak woodland conditions based on current conditions and expected levels clearing, grazing and burning
- California Wildlife Habitat Relationships (CWHR)California Wildlife Habitat Relationships produces list of terrestrial wildlife species to be expected in different habitat types and regions of California
- Development Effects on Wildlife in Oak Woodlands (DEWOW)Development Effects on Wildlife in Oak Woodlands estimates change in population status for 22 wildlife species associated with oak woodlands due to projected development
- Fire Area Simulator (FARSITE) FARSITE is a fire behavior and fire growth simulator that incorporates both spatial and temporal information on topography, fuels, and weather.